The draw-wire system SZG165 can be used even where space is tight, thanks to its compact dimensions. The SZG165 can be mounted quickly and with its highly precise mechanics provides reliable accurate length measurement.
The intelligent spring-suspension and the stainless-steel wire cable guarantee long-service life, even in difficult operating conditions. The mechanics have been perfectly matched to the encoder models WDGI58B or WDGA58B encoders. The encoder is already installed.
- Measuring range of 8 m, 10 m, 20 m, or 40 m
- Incremental or absolute output
- Rope sheave circumference of 357.14 mm or 333.33 mm
- Ball bearing drill protection
- Stainless steel measuring rope
- Quick and easy mounting
When considering how to most safely and efficiently detect positions, speeds and travel lengths of (for example) crane booms, hydraulic cylinders or screw conveyors, etc., Wachendorff provides support with the help of matching cable systems.
In this process, the main requirements for such systems determine the solutions provided by Wachendorff:
- Fast and flexible installation on the machine. Robust design with high protection rating up to IP65.
- Precise measurement through optimal cable guidance and constant cable tension across the entire measuring range.
- High resolution and high degree of accuracy.
- Flexible interfaces by incremental impulses or the major bus interfaces.
With the new Cable Systems SZG, Wachendorff meets these requirements perfectly. The system is installed quickly and easily. The space required is minimised through the compact design. The position of the cable outlet can be determined individually by the mounting bracket.
Thanks to the robust design of the cable system in conjunction with the incremental and absolute encoders from Wachendorff, the system can also be used in critical areas. For example, in port cranes or in transport systems in cold storage houses.
With the incremental encoders from the WDGI58B series or an absolute encoder WDGA58B, resolutions and interfaces can be implemented perfectly.
- Measurement Range
8 m, 10 m, 20 m, 40 m
- Rope Sheave Circumference
357.14 mm (8 m)
333.33 mm (10, 20, 40 m)
Incremental & Absolute
- Operating Temperature
-20 °C up to +80 °C
-20 °C up to +85 °C
For detailed specifications, refer to the SZG165 Data Sheet in Downloads or visit the manufacturer's website.